Madrid TEFL COURSE PROGRAM
0 . Introduction - About the course
- Why people learn English.
- Why some students are more successful at
learning English than others.
- Learner motivation.
- What makes a good teacher.
- How teachers talk to learners.
- Learner levels.
- How the different levels are taught.
2 . Lesson planning and execution
The lesson plan.
Shaping a lesson.
3 . Introduction To Language Skills
A) Teaching reading
- The types of reading learners should do.
- The reading skills learners will acquire.
- The principles of learning reading.
- How to utilise reading texts to the fullest capacity.
- More reading activities.
B). Teaching Speaking :
- The types of speaking learners should practise.
- Correction techniques.
- Guidelines to succesfully teach speaking
- Ideas and aims for speaking
B. I) Oral skills :
- Practising Stress.
- Working on Intonation.
- How can learners practise natural rhythm.
- Silent letters
C) Teaching listening :
- Why is
teaching listening important?.
- The types of listening activities
the learners should do.
- Main principles of practising listening
- Guideliness to achieve succesful listening activities.
- The use of Video and DVD in the classroom.
- Keeping students
- Suggested materials
D) Teaching writing :
- Why practising
writing skills in the classroom?.
- The types of writing the learners
- Guideliness for directing writing exercises.
should writing be corrected?
- Suggestions for writing activities.
- Sentence construction.
- Parts of speech.
- Noun and Verb types.
- Verb tenses.
- Pronouns, Adjetives, Adverbs and Articles
- Prepositions and Conjunctions
- The Conditionals
Teaching language and vocabulary
- What language study consists of.
- Learner error.
- Techniques for teaching new words.
- Vocabulary expansion.
6 . Classroom management
- Common classroom problems.
- Time management
Teaching EFL to young
learners (kids and
Annex 1 : Teaching
Annex 2 : Examinations
Annex 3 : Teaching
8 . Business English (BE)
- Effective methods for teaching BE
- Managing "In Company" classes
- BE learner profiles
- Business English and Grammar
- Working with BE text books
- Lesson planning and course work
The above mentioned
concepts are the keys to success in teaching English. The FYNE
TEFL course also includes a unique methodology and techniques
for teaching BUSINESS ENGLISH. These together with
the chapter devoted to TEACHING YOUNG LEARNERS
makes our course quite exceptional in the market.